Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Taran turns 9

My son has gone to bed for the night, eight years old.  When he awakens, Taran shall be nine.  Nine, such an amazing number on so many levels.  Nine, wow!  That he has let me enjoy nine years with him leaves me honored.  I remember exactly what happened nine years ago at this time - his father and I were laughing with joy and surprise as we rushed toward the hospital; Taran decided to arrive a few weeks early - how not expected.  Already our beautiful boy was letting us know he would not be following anyone else's plans - he would ignore what others expected and go his own way.  So these years have gone and how wonderful they have been.  Taran has helped me see and realize that being your own person and going against the norm has much merit and though it can have some friction, it is full of much joy and love. 

Thank you Taran and Happy Birthday my beautiful son!!!

This one is for you:

3 comments:

Mare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mare said...

Let me try this again. Obviously, I haven't had enough coffee today. ;)

Happy Belated Birthday to your handsome, young man! We hope he had a day as fabulous as he is. =)

Unknown said...

Mare, we read your post and Taran was excited you commented, but i was apparently unable to type - but thank you!