Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This morning, Lucy and I did her first sewing project - she has helped in the past, but she ran the machine herself today after picking out material, thread and stitching to use. She is working on a birthday gift for a friend. She is so very excited about her creation and especially doing it all herself - I love to see that excitement and joy she brings to crafting.

This morning also involved Taran creating a new world using 3-D computer animation - I love Alice. I believe Dragons, elves and giant crabs were involved along with a hover disc. It was incredible to watch his joy and creating and destroying his new denizens - how amazing to have the power to do it to your specifications.

Who knows what the rest of the day shall bring - how I love the possibilities.

4 comments:

GBK Gwyneth said...

Yeah Alice!! My mom (as a CS prof involved in women's and pre-college CS issues) has long been a promoter and supporter of Alice and Scratch.....

Unknown said...

Remembering my days of learning computer programming (long ago) and frustration, I found Alice truly exciting. How cool that your mom promotes Alice...now I'll need to check out Scratch.

Mare said...

Go, Lucy! Are there any photos of her finished project?

Unknown said...

how sad is it that I just got your comment Mare? I shall see if we did take photos - sometimes I am so into what we are doing, I forget the camera...d'oh.