Friday, October 8, 2010

Beautiful Days

We have just finished making candles for my Mom. She requested some "smelly" candles. We decided to use herbs from our garden (rosemary and lemon balm) versus my idea of throwing in my trainers (they are most noxious). While making the candles, I got ready the ingredients for making waxing hands (Taran and Lucy love doing this), only this time, I used a block of ice to make the water cold (left over from when Lucy was excavating creatures from ice this summer). Taran and Lucy decided to pour wax over the top of the block o'ice (did I mention that the block was a carton of almond milk) - using the heat, they molded the ice into the shape of a tiered cake (pictures shall be forthcoming).
So, the cake is done, the candles are cooling and we are heading to the park. The park is within walking distance and so we shall uses our tootsies as transport. We are also taking a light weight wagon for transporting things (I know not what). Funny thing, the route we are taking involves a creek with a steep hill - I suggested we portage the wagon ala the old west. How fun will that be?

No comments: